KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
As we begin our 6th year, the Catawba Valley Paralegal Association, Inc. continues to serve the 25th Judicial District, which includes Burke, Caldwell and Catawba Counties. However, membership is available to residents of surrounding counties, and we welcome our friends in Iredell, Alexander, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Watauga, Wilkes and other counties.
Membership in the CVPA is open to paralegals, legal assistants, legal secretaries, attorneys, students in paralegal programs, paralegal educators, employees of judicial entities and/or other commonly recognized legal agencies.
Objectives and purpose
- Encourage the highest order of ethical and professional conduct in the paralegal profession.
- Further education and encourage exchange of information, ideas, experience and forms among members of the legal profession.
- Establish good fellowship among the CVPA members, North Carolina Paralegal Association and members of the legal community.
- Promote the paralegal profession through community service activities.
- Benefits to members: networking, CPE credits, job bank, professional and personal growth.
Relate to different types of law so that all paralegals will have the opportunity to learn ways of expanding their experience in their specific area of interest.
Membership, Speaker/Location/CPE, Law Updates/Ethics
Fundraiser/Sponsorship, Website development/Publicity, Newsletter.
Money raised is used to build and support our website, fund seminars and presentations and pay for Certification Application Fees for Certified Paralegal Education, which helps us maintain NCCP members' certification requirement with the NC State Bar. Funds are also used to pay for honorariums, locations/facility fees for our meetings, cover administrative costs such as paper and other supplies, postage, etc.
We are looking for sponsors to assist with programs, funding and education. In return, we offer goodwill advertising, job bank, networking and more.
*Our year is from October 1 through September 30.*
Please contact CVPA at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Catawba Valley Paralegal Association, Inc.
P. O. Box 3068, Hickory, NC 28603