KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
As we begin our 8th year, the Catawba Valley Paralegal Association (CVPA) continues to serve the 25th Judicial District, which includes Burke, Caldwell and Catawba Counties. However, membership is available to residents of surrounding counties, and we welcome our friends in Iredell, Alexander, Lincoln, Gaston, Mecklenburg, Watauga, Wilkes and other counties.
Membership in the CVPA is open to paralegals, legal assistants, legal secretaries, students in paralegal programs, paralegal educators, employees of judicial entities and/or other commonly recognized legal agencies.
Objectives and Purpose
● Encourage the highest order of ethical and professional conduct in the paralegal profession;
● Further education and encourage the exchange of information among the members in the legal profession;
● Establish good fellowship among the CVPA members and members of the legal community;
● Promote the paralegal profession through community service activities;
● Establish a network of paralegals to share ideas and information;
● Provide a local forum for paralegals to share knowledge, ideas and experiences;
● Increase attorney awareness of the value of efficient utilization of paralegals; and
● Elevate the status of paralegals in the Catawba Valley area through education and community outreach activities.
● Benefits to members include networking, CPE credits, job bank, professional and personal growth.
Relate to different types of law so that all paralegals will have the opportunity to learn ways of expanding their experience in their specific area of interest.
Membership/Benefits, Continuing Paralegal Education (CPE), Newsletter, Law Updates/Ethics, Website, Publicity, Fundraising, Social and Community Outreach.
Money raised is used to support our website, fund presentations and pay for Certification Application Fees for Certified Paralegal Education, which helps our members maintain their certification with the NC State Bar. Funds are also used to pay for honorariums, locations/facility fees for our meetings, and cover administrative costs such as office supplies, postage, etc.
Sponsors and Membership
We are looking for sponsors to assist with programs, funding and education. In return, we offer goodwill advertising, job bank, networking and more.
*Our year is from October 1 through September 30.*
Please contact CVPA at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Catawba Valley Paralegal Association
PO Box 3068, Hickory, NC 28603